Saturday 18 April 2020

Handling depression/feeling suicidal



I am now on a antidepressant because my depression has gotten really bad, I do think of suicide everyday, and almost made an attempt during lastnight, yet I am still here writing this blog.

It is hard to take yourself out of the black hole you feel when you feel yourself falling deeper and deeper inside and can't get out of.

So here is some advice on how to overcome these feelings:

1. Address the depression
Face it head on, and ask the depression a question. To do this you will need a mirror to look at yourself and with a notepad think about everything you see in front of you, from your reflection. This is what I wrote down myself:
> Bare faced
> Dislike my teeth
> Feel stuck in a rut
> Frustration
> Worthless
> Anger
> Betrayed

2. Break them down 
So for example:

I don't like being bare faced, I feel I need a facial or follow my skin regime like I did before. I do feel I have let myself go. I feel that a face can speak many things, and Trinny London does a lot of videos talking about skincare and beauty, which will help enhance the skin.

3. Write down under each one the things you do like about that particular area.

Bare Faced
Mine is I like eyes, nose and lips, I like the size and shape of them.

Dislike my teeth
I wish for them to be straight and they are stained due to tea drinking, so have cut down on drinking so much tea again. I was told by the doctors some time ago that I do need to cut down on Caffeine due to having type 2 diabetes and when I was younger.

I dislike the shape, but the positive is they have started to become more whiter than before and I like my side teeth and bottom, I just don't like the front teeth much.

4. Read it out loud 
You can do this or get someone else to do this for you.

5. Have two journals
A happy one and a one where you can rant and rave about your feelings and what is happening to you.

Please remember you are not alone and there people out there who can support you.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X






No comments:

Post a Comment