Friday 29 July 2022

Becoming stronger that my confidence has turned a corner

There have been times where I couldn't bear looking at myself because it would break my heart of what I saw. I felt that I was disformed and would get upset when clothes shopping. So what has changed? Me!

I was hating these feelings and felt fed up of not liking myself. So what has changed? Me! 

Appearance isn't everything and I have a brain that works and I can walk and run, and could dance and it was doing things where I'd feel alive that helped build my confidence and it was reaching out to others to look at me and have their approval for me to feel good. 

I began to make good positive changes, like making an effort each day and put some make up on, would get fit rather than thinking about it and not moving, and now I am finally happy in my own skin. I can look in the mirror and I not bothered about wearing make up all the time and like being with myself and don't fed up of what I see. 

Life is full of challenges and accepting yourself is one of them. I don't want to be fed up with myself for anymore. It is draining and so I had to get a hold of myself. and make changes, like not sleeping in all of the time, not eating healthy and living by each amount of money I had earned and lost sense of myself.

I have had to get to know myself and who I truly am rather than being someone else for other people. You have to find that out. Who are you? What do you belief? and what is your style? 

I love being in my leggins and in summer found my love of shorts again. It is what helps me be me and not attracting other people, but I can look at myself and say "This is me and I am okay with that".

I have had to be strong and that has been the key to how I feel now. Of course I still get moments where I still avoid a mirror, but not so much. I like being me and am down to earth, and that is what I want people to see me as, not someone who is always giving myself a hard time, but when you accept yourself others will follow and that gives me such power, that we all are beautiful and unique and that is okay. 

Check out Mel Robbins book The High 5 habit, as this is brilliant method that can help your confidence too and be able to see the goodness in you and get rid of the bad. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment