Saturday 25 April 2020

10 Tips on how to prevent loneliness



As I sit here at my computer desk eating my go to must have breakfast, Crunchy nut clusters, I can't but reach out to those who are stuck indoors feeling lonely. I wrote blog on one of my other sites on this subject (see link below):

https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com/2020/04/20/feeling-lonely-stop-self-sabotage/

We must remember the elderly who are stuck indoors with no family to visit them and can't get out, so how do we overcome this?
  1. There are befriending services which you can sign up for and join, and all you will be doing is visiting them as a friend
  2. If it is a neighbour or a relative, then why not offer to do their shopping for them. I did for my Nan when she was alive and couldn't go out as she was unwell, and would often pick up bits and bobs for her
  3. Why not cook them a meal like a shepherds Pie or lasagna, or what I used to do when I stayed at my Nan's, I would pick up some fish n chips, or we would take her (my mum and I) for Pie and Mash
  4. Why not do facetime if they have computer, or record a video for them to watch and smile at. This would be something that can be keep and passed down to the next generation
  5. Drop them an email or send then an ECard wishing them well and bestwishes
  6. Create them a scrapbook with loads of photos and postcards of passed holidays they have been on
  7. Arrange a meeting with them using sites such as Zoom, this is a great way to get in touch, and is just like facetime accept that you have to put in an ID number and password
  8. Make them a music CD of their favourite tracks for them to listen to
  9. Why not set up a Facebook or Whatsapp group if they have an android phone. That is how I keep up to date with school events and special days
  10. Create them a hamper with some real goodies and treats
If you have ideas of what you can do for someone who is lonely then please add a comment below, and remember you can follow me on WordPress.com to keep up tot date with all my blogs I post on this site

Many thanks for reading,



Carrie X

No comments:

Post a Comment