Monday 19 June 2023

Dieting, is it a bad word?Are diets healthy?:

For me Dieting meant not eating and starving, but now being a lot older, it to me means Nutrition and eat what my body needs. I do wish to have a flat stomach, but I like my curves and now clothing and that has changed, I do feel a lot more confident and so it is not such a poisonous word to me now, and don't cringe if I hear it.  

Homemade soup my son made and was delicious and was a vegetable soup

I never wanted to be super muscly and this is not offense to those who are, and its just not for me, but want to be toned, but eating and enjoying food, but minimising. Not having huge portions of food, but are nutritious and makes you feel good. 

The one area I am struggling is Lunchtime. So I have began making of planning my lunch to help this, as I am fed up of chocolate and sweet stuff, but have more vegetables and not having too much meat. I like having a yoghurt at breakfast rather than cereal but have a substantial amount of food to give me energy, and I do find I feel fatigue after lunch so more reason to have a better food during the day, rather than biscuits and crisps all the time. 

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes I was told which I was surprised about that not to eat too much fruit because it is still sugar and have a certain amount of portions per week and have a leaflet on my wall showing what are good and bad foods, and was surprised that not all vegetarian dishes, like burgers and sausages, are allowed occasionally but glad eggs are best choice if scrambled, poached and boiled, but I do love a fried egg so will occasionally have that. 

It is all about moderation and having food that is enjoyable and nutritious like my step dad makes a homemade chicken and leak dish and it so nice and adds bacon to it too. Okay so doesn't sound like this is healthy but it is and don't have this all the time, but really enjoy it when its on the menu for dinner. 

Homemade food is the best and you know whats in it. I do have two ready meals in the fridge and are Chinese style meals, but again don't have these all the time. If you have the same thing each week it can make you bored and not enjoying it. 

So having a good mixture of food is the way to go and you look forward to it and will continue to eat healthier food. So yes, diet is a good word when you are not starving yourself, but fasting between meals and varying your diet. 

Many thank for reading,


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment