Wednesday 8 March 2023

Loving your skin and looking after it to help build confidence

I have had a skincare routine since a child, because I suffer with dry skin, and so have to be careful of what products to use to prevent a break out. I know there are people who suffer with worth issues with their skin, but it a personal to each person especially women, and being world women's day there is no greater time to give yourself some love, care and attention, by looking after your skin. 


Its all about taking time in knowing your skin and how important it is to you. I love to put moisturiser on my face and body. It does make me feel so good and ready for the day and in the evening ready for bed. 

I don't choose expensive creams, because in my experience, you don't need to. If your skin feels soft and smooth then money doesn't matter in this case. Also it is how it makes you feel after it has been applied, and feel fresh and ready for bed, or in the morning to help kick start your day. 

Today I have decided to not have a shower, not that I want to smell, no that isn't the case, but going to have a shower in the evening, because I do prefer showering in the evening rather than the morning and going to do some selfcare later, like wash my hair, but save money on water, and still look after my skin and moisturise. 

If you have skin problems it can affect your confidence and cover ourselves up because we feel self conscious about it, and hide behind our clothes. I have been there, as I hate being hairy. My nan never had that much hair growth and so never shaved in her life, but I do and it really gets to me. 

I do use razors as I don't like the creams as I find they burn my skin, but in the winter I don't shave that often, because I find shaving all the time it makes my legs dry, and I love scrubs, they really do exfoliate the skin, and makes me feel brand new and fresh. 

So investing in skincare is worth it and looking after yourself, your skin to feel good can really build up your confidence. 

I do film Skincare videos on my main Youtube channel, here is a link for you to watch: https://youtu.be/inGvjpRd0SY

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X  





No comments:

Post a Comment