Saturday 6 June 2020

Learning about myself through dancing

Growing from a kid to an adult it took me a long time to learn about myself and who I really was, as I often felt that I couldn't be me.

I was very self conscious of myself from very early on, and it took dancing school to get me out of my shell.

Dancing is a brilliant way to boost your confidence, and I would go every Saturday morning, first at Sylvia Dales and then at Riley's dancing school. I did Ballet and Tap to begin with, and then went onto doing Ballroom, Latin and Disco Dancing.

I even find watching people dancing therapeutic, especially watching Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, see video below:


I loved films with Judy Garland and Gene Kelly, one being this one below:

I love dance it keeps you fit and you can do it indoors and at many gyms offer such classes, and adult community colleges, and when I went up to King Cross St Pancras station saw a load of couples doing the Salsa.

Dancing for me was my way of releasing my energy and those endorphins that I couldn't wait to continue on dancing the week after.

When I worked at Butlins you would see me most nights dancing in Jaks letting my hair down.

I have often now put some tunes on and started dancing in my living room.

So if you want to build your confidence why not take up dance it is brilliant at bringing a smile to your face and getting to meet new people.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X












No comments:

Post a Comment