Tuesday 10 November 2020

Building onfidence through fashion


Hello and welcome to another self confidence blog. 

Can you build confidence through fashion?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes I do believe in retail therapy as long as it doesn't break the bank balance and you still budget, then yes it can be the best form of building you self confidence. I buy most of my clothes from Amazon, Newlook, Dorothy Perkins and Very. I also like shopping in Charity shop, but be aware not all of the money you spend in some of these shops, actually go to the charity.

Since the days where Amazon just mainly sold electrical equipment and books, have expanded into fashion that I will do a Haul at some point, as I had quite a lot of credit on there and many of the clothes are good quality. I avoid sites like EBay, because some of the clothes on there look great in the picture, but not so great when they are delivered and you try them on. 

Fashion can help confidence when you take time to see what colours match your skin tone and your body shape. Yes comfort also is part of it, but I like to put a piece of clothing on and say "Yeah I don't feel so bad today". My confidence took a blow this year and as said in other posts, building self confidence is a working progress when you haven't felt good about yourself a lot through your life. 

I hate it when I look frumpy and out of shape. Create a vision of how you would like to look and write a list of clothes you would like to add to your wardrobe. I often go through my clothes to see what I still love to wear and don't. There are key pieces I like to have, one being a Denim jacket, a black pair of bootcut trousers and in the winter ankle boots, knee high boots, winter walking shoes if you are like me like to go for long walks to keep fit and active and good fitted winter jumpers and cardigans. 

Create a look book for yourself of different looks you would like to do, by putting together clothes and accessories you have already got and then via Pinterest or google docs for example, create other looks to go with items you wish to keep in your wardrobe.


What about make up?

I never wear this all the time and my love of my life, Lee loves me without it, but will put on at the weekends or if I am off out somewhere. Wearing too much make up everyday, can age you, and I am a believer you should allow your skin to breath. 

I never spend much on make up at all. I only bought four things this year, as I allow my make up to last. Never store make up for too long though because of bacteria, that can harm the skin.

To build your confidence it is all about how it makes you feel within, aswell as the outside of you, and when I follow my skincare routine, put on a new piece of clothing it lifts me up and look forward to the day ahead, instead of wanting the day to be over as soon as it has begun.

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 






No comments:

Post a Comment