Friday 31 July 2020

Learning to love yourself instead of listening to your inner critic

Unhappy Woman Looking In The Mirror And Seeing A Fat Image Of ...


Learning to love yourself instead of listening to your inner critic is something if you have suffered with lack of self confidence throughout your life then it is down to work and persistence to keep your positive mindset going.

It is all about you looking at yourself differently. One way of doing this is to find a picture of yourself or go through your memory of a time when you did feel good about yourself and focus on that image. 

If there is some part of yourself that you really don't like then jot it down on a notepad, this is where keeping journal comes in handy and then set goals of how you can remind yourself of that image where you were happy about yourself as if that image is standing in front of you, going through what you liked about this girl or boy you once were in this image and what changes you can make to be like that girl again. 

Go through things you do like about yourself and highlight them, and create a vision board of what you would like to look like and go through habits that you do currently that you can change so they can become positive feel good habits. 

If for example when I was a kid to a teenager, I would worry about the colour of my teeth because I did drink a lot of tea that can stain your teeth, and it did make me feel self conscious. In seeking help and advice from the dentist, I began to drink less tea, get my teeth cleaned by the dentist regularly and use whitening toothpaste and that really helped and I did feel much better about myself when I made this change. 

At the moment I have been unhappy with my size due to putting weight on during lockdown, which I know many have said this too, so I now do as I did before lockdown, exercise daily by walking and doing strength training indoors with dumbbells and have started to feel better about myself again by introducing this to my life once again.  

Check out my blog site: Sports and fitness coaching as I write about my fitness and sports I regularly do and have given some of my own tips and advice including hacks that can save you time and money when doing fitness training:


What you need to remember is that as much as you want perfection in your life, everyone's perception of being perfect is different and everyone has insecurities or have experience having an insecurity and that noone is perfect. 

If it makes you upset looking at images on Instagram for example, then take it off your phone or device and don't look at it if it doesn't make you feel good. 

Try not to compare yourself, I have been guilty of this and you can't really compare because everyone is different and so just focus on you and what makes you happy, and makes you feel good when you look at yourself. 

Give yourself a makeover and practice Self-care as this can make such a difference to how you feel that it can become a ritual or positive habit that brings you so much joy that it then becomes second nature and can shut the inner critic up for once. 

You just need to focus on you and be kinder to yourself rather than constantly criticizing yourself. 

I wish you well and please stay safe, and if you have any thoughts about this blog that you would like to share then please do leave a comment below. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X

  

No comments:

Post a Comment