Friday 29 January 2021

My Life as a Writer and how it has built up my confidence

As a kid I was always writing and has always been something I enjoyed and it is my kind of therapy. I began writing children's stories and then stemmed via writing a blog post, began writing more adult type books as I have gotten older, and I love it.

My life as a writer could be seen as repetitive some days, but that is why I mix it up. I have weekly posts I do and then I will write random posts on various topics coinciding with the main topic of the blog. 

I do have a Bloglovin site where I blog too and where I share tips and ideas on blog writing and self published books: See link here:

https://www.bloglovin.com/@carrieholmes40




It has built my confidence no end as it a skill that is natural and helps clear the mind, and with having so much positive feedback has seen that I may not like what I see in the mirror all of the time, but I have a naturally talented skill, and finding that skill that you look forward to each day can really help release endorphins and work on yourself. 

When you have created that masterpiece it can be like finding a pot of gold and it is something to cherish and build on, and getting people saying "Yes I have been there" and "Its as if someone has seen into my world" is like music to my ears. 

I did a video for my Life Coaching Programme I am putting together about Finding your talent and never copy, and may be of use to you. See this link here: https://youtu.be/vZsD-vECu9k 



When it comes to writing the tips I would say is to just write and don't worry about editing, just write what is in your head and what you picture. When I first published a book it was a like a milestone that I had taken that step to a dream I had and that it was like doing a marathon for the first time, and thought I would never have that. 

Finding a profession which is fulfilling and has a purpose, has been so rewarding by so many levels and once you see your book in print its something indescribable and those endless days typing and editing has paid off. 

With writing it can be passed down to your kids and can be taught to so many and have so many benefits. I was not a lover of school, and so spending my afternoon's writing was a highlight as I and another girl called Helen, who'd I would sit next to writing, was a good bit that I can say that I liked about school. 

It has made me grow as a person, and made me look at things differently and will continue on and say to all those who want to write to build their confidence to do so, and it doesn't have to be blogs or books, but writing a journal or a memoir, and even for a scrapbook. 

So get pen to paper and open that world you wish to create. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X





No comments:

Post a Comment