Tuesday 8 June 2021

3x tips on having a High Expectation of ourselves/over estimating/putting too much pressure on ourselves

We can be so self critical at times that we put too much of a high expectation on ourselves that we over estimate of what we can do, that we think we have to carry so much on our shoulders. 



Here are 3 tips on how to stop too of a high expectation:

Tip#1: Rein yourself in and ask yourself, can I break down the expectations I have for myself?

I often have to do this, and see that I can't do it all, however much I try.

Its not even about doing it all, but setting a daily goal of what you like to and what you have to do.

Tip#2: When you have errands that you don't really enjoy but got to do them, set 5 minutes or 10 to get it done, and then go back to the things you want to to do.  

This helps break up your day up and control your expectation of yourself.

Tip#3: Listen to your mind and what it wants and the body too. If you craving social interaction, then set a date to see friends again. That is the thing with Lockdown not seeing people who are important in your life can be hard, but now we can make that time again, and even go for a drink in the afternoon in a pub.

Our bodies want different things, so listen to it and ease your craving and get outdoors with the sunshine so you can a bit of Vitamin D and make sure you protect yourself from the sun, but I have been going out early before it gets too hot during the day.

I really hope these blogs help you and see in soon,


Carrie X 




No comments:

Post a Comment