Wednesday 16 June 2021

Work Confidence how to build it so you are always confident in what you do

When something goes wrong with work it can knock our confidence. Like falling out with co-workers and their being tension in the air that you couldn't cut it with a knife. You can move on from that and if it really makes you unhappy and dread everyday then it is your mind telling you, you need to change and look for another job. 



With the jobs I have had I have taken them as they came and took it in my stride and hast helped me with confidence. I have tried different professions and the ones that stand out for me, was working in a football club when I left school, and wrote a newsletter with one of my friends for the rugby supporters of a club I fell in love with and then Butlins. 

Go through your highlights so what has been good about the job and what hasn't and perhaps it may be the department you are in doesn't suit you and when I was having a hard tine at Butlins working Front of house and then spoke to the Manager and worked Back of house for a bit, and it did make me feel better and then I would work in other parts of the camp too, which helped me continue on. 

It is good to try the different jobs to find the one that matches and would say that Temping was good thing due to the amount of companies I worked for and once that was over, I would then move to the next one. 

If the company to courses you can do and is free, take advantage I was doing an NVQ in Food Safety, but I saw that I didn't want to work of that department any more. I wanted to be a Red Coat that was the reason I wanted to work within a holiday camp, I did a NVQ in Customer Service when I worked in a contact centre and anything like that is worth doing.

I also did pass my Intermediate Food Safety and Hygiene when working for a Holiday Camp and now I can work in cooking and restaurants for this, and if you like cookery then this is a good course to do. 

Take every situation and lesson to help you achieve more and sit down to go over what changes you wish to make and the pros and cons for working in a industry and find out if it is for you, if not sit down and go through what would make you happy and how can you over come the challenges of work, depending the job and can you grow independently and if you need help find a Mentor that can help and a lot of is learning on the job.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X



No comments:

Post a Comment