Tuesday 28 June 2022

When your kids give you confidence and how we can learn from them

I have worked a lot on myself and I am writing many things about this and like sharing hoping that you as my audience and followers find it helpful and makes you feel better. When we lack confidence we can often feel like we are on our own, but no we are not. 

My son tells me that he loves me now, and I love it, and gives me such confidence because I feel me and my son have turned a corner in that he feels happy to share how he feels, and it is so endearing. I think its because you know they mean it, and not saying it because it is a new sentence they have just learned. 

He is so aware of what is around him and who is who in his life and when he calls me I get so touched about it and feel such comfort. I tell him everyday I love him and I want our relationship to be a good window for him and me to talk about things and be expressive. For a while I felt the relationship was being effected, because I'd want to be with me phone rather than spending time to play, and disappointed in myself in doing that, but I feared being a parent and so to escape I'd be looking on my phone, rather than playing with my son. 

How was I able to bond with Henry if I want to spend time bonding with my phone and blogs, rather than him? I now I leave my phone in my bag, and when he is with me, make sure I take it out of site and this has made a huge difference, because he will knock it out of my hand, to say, "Its my time not your phone" and this has been a education for me as kids live for now, not what happened yesterday or what is happening tomorrow but now, presently. 

Our insecurities can be passed on, but since spending time with my son, it has made me active, playing football, tennis and cricket, and pushed these feelings of low self worth better. 

I do write a parenting blog if you'd like to check it out, https://theparentingadventurestipsandtricks.wordpress.com  and I have books on parenting too, check them out on amazon.com, under my names, Carrie Challoner and Carrie Holmes. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment