Friday 4 February 2022

Dressing To Build A Positive Mindset

When you look in the mirror who do you see? How does it make you feel? What is it that you are wearing that brings you down?


Please comment below this blog and be as honest as you can be. 

I today feel confident because I stylish pair of leggins and a nice smart patterned top from Primark, and put some make up on. 

Yet I know when I take my make up off, it is going to be "Oh its you again", yet not so bothered because I did recently have a hair cut and that made such a difference and not seeing the same old hair and the same old look, and actually feel like I can give myself credit. 

I have an appointment and so wanted to look like I am alive and can take anything on today. That is the thing, if there is some areas about yourself then it is time to change. Build yourself a capsule wardrobe and have fun in styling different outfits together. 

This year I want to make some real changes, like I want to have a place of my own and work towards it, I am wanting to do some work during the school holidays, I want to start going to rugby again, as the team I support the London Broncos are playing locally and really hope I see some old friends from the days when they would be playing in a field and take my son. 

I used to love planning out my wardrobe for rugby and loved the whole build up towards going. Getting my shirt ready (team merchandise) and would walk all the way from Richmond to Twickenham, and made a load of friends that have stayed in my heart, and hope that I do get to see them again, if they are still going to see the London Broncos.

When it comes to confidence it has to be within, do you need new underwear, and I like making sure I have the correct bra for me, as when we fall out of a bra, it can be one embarrasing, and feel inadequat. so buy the bra that truly fits you and then build your dressing style by doing that. 

As our body change, we need to update our underwear and I have used spandex, because thtey make a difference. For everydady though build different looks, for example, taking the dog for a walk, put out the rubbish, decorating and going into town to meeting friends for drinks. Items that are long lasting and stylish with the other items you have in your closet. Go through what doesn't match. 

Save up on items and plan out your  wardrobe. I have a new cardigan today that I bought from a Charity shop and suits me really well. 

So find items that flatter not just because they cover you up. 

When I first developed boobs I hated them and hated buying a bra. I wasn't ready for the next stage of my life, and I was very body concious and would wear oversized t-shirts to hide them, but stuck out and prefered wearing lycra elasticated vest tops instead, but then when they got bigger didn't fit. It took me a long time to get used to having a big bust.

Having my Period, sorry for the TMI I would feel very uncomfortable, and then turned into a bit of a tomboy as I reached my teen years. 

But subconciously still had a Capsule Wardrobe. It is sorting your clothes to mix 'n' match, and not buying outfits that wouldn't go with anything I already have. 

So, have a good sort of your clothes and there are some really good videos on Youtube that talks about styling and how to get the most out of your clothes. Trinny London and Sheerluke are my favourites. 

I do videos on Fashion too and so please check them out vis this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUDFIqjVKLy7NhtcR6Hy0Tg

I also write another blog on a wordpress blog I write. Check this link out here: https://carriesversitilefashion.wordpress.com

Lastly have a wonderful day and use clothes to build you up, not down.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 









No comments:

Post a Comment